Click Here To Join Our Telegram Channel for FREE daily tutorials!
The journey toward self reliance has many paths. For some, you are beginning to distrust the food supply and want to grow our own food. Or, perhaps, you live in an area prone to many types of disasters and have seen how desperate people become when their needs aren’t met. Or, perhaps you grew up in a family in which self reliance and certain skill sets were ingrained into you at a young age. Wherever your path started, the end result is the same – to be self reliant.
Frustration is a Part of the Journey
I’m going to be honest, when it comes to my own road towards self reliance, I get frustrated on a continual basis. My plan lately has been to increase my skills set and I’ve had some epic failures the past few months. The frustration has been enough to make me question myself and give up. But I know that I am my own worst enemy and those obstacles and mistakes are a part of the path that will help me in the long run.
Sometimes I begin wondering if self reliance is a magical, unattainable myth. It’s such a simple concept but once you start on this path you realize how long the trek in front of you really is. After being on the self reliant road for five years, I am here to say that I still have ways to go, but I’m enjoying the view along the way.
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
– John Quincy Adams
Silence the Doubts
• Don’t fear mistakes -As a whole, we fear to make mistakes. That fear prevents us from taking action towards our goals. Mistakes can create learning opportunities that are needed if we truly want to advance in our lives.
• Avoid doubters – Stay away from people who reinforce the doubting voice in your head. Finding people who encourage and support your goals can help quiet the voice of doubt.
• When in doubt, do – Self doubt prevents decisive actions. Action is the key to success. If you come across a situation where you begin to doubt your ability, take action.
5 Steps to Perservere
When you are in the midst of doubt, you have two choices: 1. Give up, and find an easier path, or, 2. Dig in and keep going. The glistening prize of self reliance is far too great for me to give up on. I made the choice to dig in and keep going and found some steps to help you reach this destination.
Like all things, you have to start with a goal in mind and develop a plan around it. Self reliance is the end result where smaller goals must be met in order to achieve it. These smaller achievements also help to move you forward.
1. Set a goal -This may be to have enough supplies to live for 3 months, or 6 months or indefinitely. But set it and stick with it.
2. Plan a course of action– Break your plan down into smaller plans. I have had a lot of success by breaking down my preparedness plans into short term needs and long term needs. Look into the 52 Weeks to Preparedness to see how achievable these short term plans can be.
3. Prepare – It’s time to prepare and know what to expect along the way. Here are four steps you can take to get you moving toward self reliant living.
4. Take a step – The path of self-reliance starts with only a single step and then another and another. Once we begin taking those first steps, we begin to see change and as a result, begin to adopt these new found changes and our lifestyle will transition into one that better supports our new way of life.
5. Don’t give up – We all will fail from time to time – it’s just a part of the learning process. But if your goal is important to you, when you do fail – you’ll try again and again. We learn from these failures and become better through the learning curve.
I’ve realized that in order to be successful at something we have to stay the course. To live a self reliant lifestyle takes time, effort and a certain amount of sacrifice to get to the level of preparedness that we want. When doubt takes over, I look back and see how far I’ve come and simply take a step and keep going.
This Crazy Off Grid Device Literally Makes Drinkable Water From Fresh Air:
According to NASA, the U.S. is expecting a 100-YEAR LONG MEGADROUGHT.
It's already begun. Ask the farmers in California. They know.
Every survivalist knows that water is of critical importance. You NEED an independent water source that you can count on!
As an interesting "survival rehearsal" - imagine that you turned the tap on right now and nothing came out. How long would you last?
But what if there was another water source literally hidden in plain sight. That's right, I'm talking about the atmosphere!
The amazing thing about getting water from the natural moisture in the air... is that it is ALWAYS available.
This gives you real water security!
Learn more about how to tap into "Nature's secret water reservoir" and stay hydrated when TSHTF!
Watch the video:
😳 What Tinnitus Does To Your Brain Cells (And How To Stop It)
After 47 years of studies and countless brain scans done on more than 2,400 tinnitus patients, scientists at the MIT Institute found that in a shocking 96% of cases, tinnitus was actually shrinking their brain cells.
As it turns out, tinnitus and brain health are strongly linked.
Even more interesting: The reason why top army officials are not deaf after decades of hearing machine guns, bombs going off and helicopter noises…
Is because they are using something called "the wire method", a simple protocol inspired by a classified surgery on deaf people from the 1950s...
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens: