Click Here To Join Our Telegram Channel for FREE daily tutorials!
20 Weird Uses For Vodka You Weren’t Aware Of. Photo – Pixabay (PD)
The first thing that comes to mind when hearing the word “vodka” is probably boozing and partying. But there’s more to this drink than meets the eye.
Vodka is a distilled alcoholic beverage, primary composed of water and ethanol. Vodka was originally made only of fermented cereal or potatoes, but big brands also use fruit and sugar just to add to the flavor and create alcoholic beverages with mass appeal. Vodka is a traditional drink to Eastern Europe mostly (Russia, Ukraine, Estonia, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania and the Czech Republic), where it’s about 40% pure alcohol! It’s meant to be drunk neat, but it can also serve as an ingredient in all sorts of cocktails.
Vodka is not only a source of hangovers and headaches, it is more versatile than you might think. A bottle of vodka can be the solution to many problems that might arise in a regular household. Let’s take a look at some of its many uses.
1. Clean the caulking from the bathroom (showers heads, bathtub etc.) by simply adding raw vodka into a spray bottle. Spray the areas, let it sit for 5 minutes and wipe clean! The alcohol in the vodka is more than capable of killing even the most resistant mold or mildew deposit.
2. Clean your eyeglasses with a soft, clean cloth previously soaked in vodka. It will wipe the lenses clean and disinfect them.
3. Clean those pesky winestains that are so resilient to cleaning! Just like before, add vodka to a spray bottle then spray the wine stain. Immediately after scrub the spot with a brush and blot dry.
4. Maintain and prolong the lifespan of razor blades by soaking them in pure vodka. After you shave, wash them clean and place them in a recipient previously filled with vodka; the alcohol will kill germs and bacteria and will prevent rusting.
5. Bring back the shine to your old jewelry by simply soaking and vodka and gently cleaning with a toothbrush. After you’re done, wipe clean with a soft cloth and let dry.
6. Clothes freshener. If you fill up a spray bottle with vodka and spray your clothes lightly. Upon evaporation, the vodka smell goes away, and so will any unwanted odors.
7. Excellent remover of all that is sticky! It dissolves very efficiently the sticky properties of gum stuck to the shoes or extra adhesive left from removing old stickers.
8. Homemade air freshener it’s done by simply mixing equal parts vodka and water in a spray bottle. Simply walk around the house and spray randomly. The solution itself is odorless and it freshens the air, killing instantly any unwanted odors.
9. It prolongs cut flower life; spray for a few days your flower stems with a mix of 2 parts vodka / 1 part sugar and watch them get stronger and fresher with each passing day. This is because plants naturally produce a gas called ethylene, which promotes maturation. Vodka inhibits ethylene production, thus the plants stay fresh and alive for longer periods of time.
10. Keep insects at bay by spraying your body parts with a mixture comprised equally of vodka and lavender oil. The insects won’t intrude your personal space thanks to the vodka and the smell of lavender will probably keep from smelling like you’ve been partying for 3 days straight.
11. Treatment for poison ivy rashes. Simply add vodka to the affected area. It dries up the skin, neutralizing in the process the poison ivy oils that cause inflammation, itching, and soreness.
12. Jelly fish stings can be cured just as efficiently as poison ivy rashes. A mixture of 50% water – 50% vodka will help soothe the pain and reduce the swelling caused by contact with the animal’s poisonous micro stingers.
13. Clean and disinfect your wounds, as vodka is a natural and potent antiseptic. The high amount of alcohol it contains will kill of instantly all sorts of bacteria or germs from a bruise, cut or burn.
14. Reduce high fever. Because it evaporates quickly, it provides cooling relief. Simply soak a piece of cloth in vodka and place on the chest.
15. Cold sores can be treated with the miracle liquor and with great success! Simply dip a q-tip in vodka then gently dab the inflamed and red areas and watch the soreness fade away little by little.
16. In case of earaches, simply pour a few drops of vodka down your year. Let them sit for a few minutes, and drain afterwards. The alcohol found in the vodka will kill the bacteria that provoke pain.
17. If tooth-aches are keeping you up at night, make them go away by simply gargling pure vodka. It reduces swelling, soreness and works as an antiseptic. Once the swelling goes, so will the pain.
18. It’s a very good mouthwash as well, excellent in destroying potentially harmful bacteria in your mouth. It’s best use in the morning, so make sure you mix equal part of vodka and water in a container since the taste of pure vodka might be too much to handle at 7 am.
19. Face cleanser. If you dab a cotton pad in vodka and use it to clean your face, you’ll notice some unexpected results. Vodka acts as an astringent on the pores. It closes them down, draining excess oils and fats in the process.
20. Foot Odor remover. Yes. Since has a well-deserved reputation as a disinfectant and bacteria killer, it comes to no surprise that it performs just as well against foot odor. This is because feet smell because of bacterial agents. Simply soak your feet in a container filled with vodka and suffer no more.
It is indeed a versatile and very handy liquid to keep around the house. But make sure you keep it out of children’s reach. It’s one of the most powerful alcoholic drinks around and it can cause fast alcohol poisoning; it can even be fatal. So drink or use responsibly!
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens: