Click Here To Join Our Telegram Channel for FREE daily tutorials!
Alcohol is probably the most common vice in the world. Made from fruits or cereals, it is available everywhere, but at a different price. A good survivalist prepares for the crisis by stocking large quantities of alcohol, even if he or she is not a consumer. This is because, in dire times, this product can make for a hefty bartering currency.
Stocking ready-made alcohol beverages can sink your survival budget. That is why many preppers choose to make their own alcohol, inside their homes, at a very low price. I will show you how!
Since ancient times, people have been producing alcohol from cereals or fermenting fruits and using the same methods for thousands of years. When the industrial era kicked in, companies started producing it on a large scale and selling it to the normal consumer at a lower price than it would have taken anyone to produce at home.
Recipes, which had been passed through generations, have long been forgotten, and the practice of producing your own alcohol has been lost in many communities.
However, when the crisis will hit, mastering this technique will prove to be crucial for both personal consumption and bartering.
First method: Alcohol made from fruit juice
This is a very simple way of transforming your favorite fruit beverage into deliciously homemade alcohol. You will need:
• 2 large bottles of your favorite juice, by choice
• 2 airlocks
• 2 packets of yeast powder
Make sure that the juice you select for this process is 100% natural and that it contains at least 25 grams of sugar for each serving.
Here is what you have to do:
1. Pour one packet of yeast powder into each of the bottles.
2. Apply the airlocks and tighten them up.
3. Leave the bottles like this for a few days, and allow the fermenting process to take place.
As this is alcohol derived from fermentation, you do not have to worry of getting methanol poisoned, which can only happen if the product is derived from improper distillation.
Second method: Alcohol made from sugar
This procedure is a bit more complicated, but the end product is absolutely delicious.
Here are the ingredients and materials that you will need:
• 16 pounds of normal table sugar
• 1 pound of distiller’s yeast
• a 6-gallon food bucket, with lid
• a fermentation vessel of the same capacity as the food bucket, with a rubber airlock
• a funnel
• tap water
The most important aspect to this recipe is the nature of the yeast. You cannot use any type of this live organism to extract alcohol from sugar. Contact a distillery or a merchant that deals with these producers, and purchase special enhanced yeast.
Here are the steps to securing alcohol from normal table sugar:
1. In the large food bucket, mix the sugar with the warm tap water. Mix well;
2. Transfer the mixture to the fermentation vessel;
3. Add the yeast, using the funnel, only when the mixture has cooled down;
4. Leave the mixture to ferment for two days. Make sure that the temperature in the room does not change drastically, and is always between 70 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Apply the airlock and make sure that no oxygen is left inside, by pouring a little water over the airlock.
6. Let the fermentation process continue. This might take any time between 2 and 12 days. During this period, the yeast will no longer reproduce and it will generate alcohol. The process will be determined by the bubbling observable at the top of the vessel. When the bubbling will be extremely slow, the fermentation will be complete.
7. Extract the alcohol by siphoning it out, and thus leaving all the unwanted remains in the vessel. The resulting substance should have a concentration of alcohol of at least 20%.
8. Store it into bottles and add it to your cocktails or desired drinks.
By using any of these two methods, you will ensure that your storage will contain one of the most consumed substances on the planet. Even if alcohol is not a regular choice for you, it will prove to be a priceless bartering resource.
By MFSP Contributor
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens: