Click Here To Join Our Telegram Channel for FREE daily tutorials!
9 Home Defense Tips (Turn Your Home Into An Impenetrable Fortress) – Graphic © myfamilysurvivalplan.com. Background photo: Pexels (PD)
Situational awareness is an important tool in your survival arsenal. Most of the time, simply seeing the danger that lies ahead can give you a leg up on most people who drift through life oblivious of any dangers. The key to situational awareness is keen observation – observation of situations, things and even people. And it’s the people subset of situational awareness that comprises the study of body language – the study of those around you.
Body language is something we all give off, mostly unconsciously. It manifests itself in subconscious postures, facial expressions, and hand positions. The way we carry ourselves speaks volumes to those who can discern what the signs mean; most amateurs look only at the face, but there is much more to observe. Before we delve into what to look for, a fundamental question must be answered: why even bother observing body language? There are three primary reasons:
• Body language gives us advance warning about the actions that a person or group of people are about to undertake.
• Body language gives us a window into the person’s mind, telling us what their current emotional state is.
• Body language is an early warning device built into every single human being.
In short, the way a person carries themselves at a particular instant in time gives us a valuable insight as to whether they represent a threat to us or not. Here’s what to look for:
1. The Face: The face is, on one hand, the most expressive body part we possess, and on the other hand, the most easily manipulated. Experts are able to meticulously control their facial expressions so as to be unreadable (eg. the poker face) while amateurs will crack nervous grins and will sport numerous facial twitches. Ignore the signs that can be controlled and thus manipulated, and focus on those that cannot:
• Pupil dilation: The human fight or flight reaction is something few people can control; the brain signals the body to dump adrenaline into the bloodstream raising the heart rate and dilating the pupils (making them larger). As the pupils dilate, the peripheral vision narrows – it is a mechanism designed to have us face the threat directly. People about to act aggressively or perform a violent act will usually have their pupils dilated the size of pie plates.
• Pulse: As aggression or impulse builds, the heart rate increases as does blood pressure. The net result of this is a pounding pulse which is visible in the neck and temples. Again, this is difficult or impossible for most people to control.
• Sweat: An increased heart rate causes involuntary perspiration, which again, not even professionals can adequately control.
• Mouth: Besides obvious expressions, an open mouth often occurs when a person can’t get enough air from just their nose and is breathing rapidly.
2. Upper Torso: The upper torso reveals two important clues to those keen enough to observe them. The first clue is the shoulders – are the shoulders hanging naturally in a relaxed pose, or are they tight and raised? A person who is about to strike or move will often telegraph this intention by the way he carries his shoulders. The second clue is the upper chest area, where it pertains to respiration. Normally, men are stomach breathers while women are chest breathers, but when the action ramps up, both sexes tend to breathe in a shallow manner from their chest. Look for the rapid rise and fall of the chest as evidence of breathing hard.
3. Hands and Arms: As one astute police officer said – feet never killed anyone. The reference was to the fact that overwhelmingly, hands hovering around the waistband represent a threat. At any moment, the person could produce a weapon, and so it’s important to watch the hands closely at all times. While things like balled fists are an obvious sign of aggression, keep in mind that many attacks come from the position of crossed arms, or hands in pockets.
4. Legs and Feet: Primarily, what we are looking for here is the stance. As often happens subconsciously, people will tend to blade themselves towards a perceived threat. Blading refers to a combat style stance, where the dominant foot is behind the non-dominant foot and about shoulder-width apart. Blading also serves as a dual clue – most people carrying a concealed weapon will subconsciously blade the weapon side away from the threat, both to protect it and to conceal it.
5. The Whole Package: Lastly, look for movement warning signs, nervous twitches that signal that the person is about to act. Two common signs of impending action are pacing and standing on the balls of their feet. Many attacks begin with a person pacing back and forth and then launching an attack at about the midpoint; many flights or escapes begin with the person getting up on the balls of their feet, much as a runner would before the starting gun goes off.
Your ability to recognize the above early warning signs could give you valuable seconds in which to act, potentially saving yourself or averting disaster.
By Adam C – www.offthegridnews.com
This Crazy Off Grid Device Literally Makes Drinkable Water From Fresh Air:
According to NASA, the U.S. is expecting a 100-YEAR LONG MEGADROUGHT.
It's already begun. Ask the farmers in California. They know.
Every survivalist knows that water is of critical importance. You NEED an independent water source that you can count on!
As an interesting "survival rehearsal" - imagine that you turned the tap on right now and nothing came out. How long would you last?
But what if there was another water source literally hidden in plain sight. That's right, I'm talking about the atmosphere!
The amazing thing about getting water from the natural moisture in the air... is that it is ALWAYS available.
This gives you real water security!
Learn more about how to tap into "Nature's secret water reservoir" and stay hydrated when TSHTF!
Watch the video:
😳 What Tinnitus Does To Your Brain Cells (And How To Stop It)
After 47 years of studies and countless brain scans done on more than 2,400 tinnitus patients, scientists at the MIT Institute found that in a shocking 96% of cases, tinnitus was actually shrinking their brain cells.
As it turns out, tinnitus and brain health are strongly linked.
Even more interesting: The reason why top army officials are not deaf after decades of hearing machine guns, bombs going off and helicopter noises…
Is because they are using something called "the wire method", a simple protocol inspired by a classified surgery on deaf people from the 1950s...
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
What REALLY Happens When You Bury a Shipping Container? (Hint: It's A Bit Crazy...)
Shipping containers are all the rage - but if you are thinking about buying one, you MUST watch this video first:
There's a general belief that if you bury a shipping container you can create an awesome root cellar / storm shelter / survival bunker.
But is a shipping container strong enough to handle the pressure?
Watch the video to see what happens: