Please Share This Page:
Last week, we talked about the tools you’ll need to cook in emergency situations.
Now here I am with more information on survival cooking.
So let’s see what you need to cook delicious meals outdoors:
The first thing you’ll need is a camp stove, a grill, or a camp fire. You should always have at least one bottle of fuel for when you want to cook outside. In case you use charcoal, remember to keep it in a dry place.
A solar oven may be useful as well.
Always make a list of the things you need before cooking outdoors. You’ll need:
· fuel and matches
· a medium to large lightweight pot
· aluminium foil
· a pan
· a spatula and
These are the basics. Once you have them, there are almost no limits to what you can cook outside. You can try anything from eggs to pasta. And here’s exactly how you can do that:
Using direct heat is the easisest method to cook outside. For instance, you can wrap potates in aluminium foil and place them on hot coals. Feel free to use this method for any other food item that requires high heat. However, make sure to check on them frequently to avoid any accidents or overcooking.
Another easy method to cook outside is to grill your food by simply placing a grate over an open fire. It takes a bit longer, but it’s a good method for food that needs less heat to cook.
If you feel like cooking somehting more sophisticated like a soup, a stew or pastas you’ll need to build a fire and let it die down to hot coals. Place a pan or pot on them and your job is almost done.
Just remember to check the intensity of the fire. You don’t want to eat food that tastes like burnt tires, but you’ll want to stay away from uncooked food, too. So just check to see if your meal is cooking at the right pace.
1. Keep your food above the ground level to prevent animals from eating it.
2. Use fireproof cooking tools.
3. To remove odors from your cooking tools, use water and baking soda and wipe them.
4. Chop your vegetables before you go outside and cook. Put them in separate ziplock bags.
5. If you put oil on your camp grill, the food will not stick anymore.
6. Keep your raw food cool at all times to avoid spoilage. Use block ice, because it lasts longer than cube ice!
7. Use disposable water bottles as dispensers for oil, sauces or salad dressings.
8. To keep your soap clean, just hang it in a sock on a tree branch.
9. Use leftovers from meat and vegetables to make omelets.
10. To save some space, don’t bring plastic mixing bowls with you, just use the pots!
11. Replace your usual bread with pita bread. It stays fresh longer and it’s easier to pack.
That’s all for now on outside cooking. Stay tuned for more tips&tricks on indoor emergency cooking!
By Alec Deacon
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2016.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Survival MD (Field medical guide to survive any crisis situation)
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- US Water Revolution (Generate Your Clean Water Anywhere)
- Blackout USA - How To Survive An EMP / Long Term Grid Down Situation
- The Lost Ways Of Survival - Ancient Survival Secrets Of Our Ancestors
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
Please Share This Page:
Check Out More Of Our Posts: