Please Share This Page:
I tried to picture how I’d react if my house was just about to crash over me and my family.Just like most people, I’d probably freak out and do exactly what I shouldn’t: run down the stairs to get the kids and then go straight out the door and stop in front of the house, where approximately 100 things can fall on me, starting with the house walls and ending with the tree in my yard.
So what’s a man to do when he realizes he’s not actually as prepared for a disaster as Bruce Willis? Well, I don’t know what you’d do… but I started researching earthquake survival like there was no tomorrow. Here’s a brief of what I found:
What you should do before an earthquake:
– Get informed!Read more articles, books or courses on earthquake survival. And watch some documentaries about the biggest earthquakes in history. You’ll notice a whole lot of deadly mistakes you can avoid.
– Tell your family all about earthquake survival. Of course you’ll do everything to protect them if a disaster hits your area, but you’re not a superhero. There are times when you can’t reach your family to provide help. So help them help themselves. It’s the best thing you can do for your loved ones.
– Bullet-proof your home. According to The College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, here’s what you need to do to get a secure home, that won’t crash on you at the first shake.
- Bolt bookshelves, water heaters and cabinets to wall studs.
- Anchor things so they don’t move or fall during an earthquake.
- Move cabinets and tall furniture to keep them from falling on you or other family members. Anchor them to studs in the wall with steel angle brackets.
- Put heavy or breakable things on bottom shelves. You can even put “fences” or restraining wires to keep items from falling off open shelves.
- Put child-proof or swing-hook latches on bathroom and kitchen cabinets.
- Use screw-eyes or tongue-in-groove hangers to mount mirrors or pictures instead of hanging them on nails.
- Be sure that ceiling fans and light fixtures are well anchored or have earthquake safety wiring.
- Anchor computers, televisions, stereos and like items with heavy duty Velcro, at home and at work.
- Strap your water heater to anchor it to wall studs. In California, water heaters being securely strapped is a building code requirement.
- Do not assume that anything is too heavy to move in an earthquake. When the ground is going up and down in waves, it bounces even the heaviest equipment into the air.
Enough survival techniques for today, hope you’ll start using them to protect your family against disasters. I’ll be back with more earthquake survival strategies next time, so make sure you don’t miss it! Might save your life one day.
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2016.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Survival MD (Field medical guide to survive any crisis situation)
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- US Water Revolution (Generate Your Clean Water Anywhere)
- Blackout USA - How To Survive An EMP / Long Term Grid Down Situation
- The Lost Ways Of Survival - Ancient Survival Secrets Of Our Ancestors
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
Please Share This Page:
Check Out More Of Our Posts: