Please Share This Page:
When it comes to survival medicine, most people instinctively think of a wild setting, perhaps in the mountains, where people with broken legs try to fight off forest beasts.
And maybe a couple centuries ago, this would be very precise. But now, in the 21st century—even with so many health insurance marketplaces available – and in today’s economic climate, survival medicine should be more about keeping yourself healthy during the looming crisis.
Just think about it: this crisis could last for months or even years. People will have more trouble making money than ever before and it will difficult to keep your family well-fed and healthy. But you know that saying: where there’s a will, there’s a way.
For example, http://www.wilderness-survival.net pulished a basic guide to maintaining health in disaster conditions:
photo source: www.usetinc.org
Survival Health Tip #1: Drink plenty of water
This should be your top priority during a disaster or crisis. Dehydration is very tricky, it sets in without even feeling it and it affects the whole body. Even a 5 percent loss of body fluids can lead to thirst, irritability, nausea, and weakness.
So here’s what you can do to avoid dehydration:
– Drink small amounts of water as often as you can, even when you’re not thristy. Just a sip or two every 15 minutes will do.
– Replace the water you drink. This way, you’ll always have a spare stock of water in case you run out.
– Drink water when eating.It helps your digestion and prevents your body from dehydrating.
– Ration water. By this, I don’t mean drink less water than you need. You should simply avoid wasting water. Monitor how much water your family drinks every day and try to eliminate any excess.
Survival Health Tip #2:
Eat little, but often
You don’t need a big meal to fight off hunger. In fact, it’s better if you eat small amounts of food more often. The key here is variety. Your body needs both plant
foods and animal foods, so it’s important to keep a good balance.
– Try to eat more plant foods than meat, as they are healthier. However, eating meat is necessary, as it is more nourishing and produces more energy and heat.
– Eat nuts and seeds every day, as snacks. They’re high in protein and oils which give you lots of energy and help your body function normally.
– Include roots, green vegetables, and plant food containing natural sugar in your meals. They provide calories and carbohydrates that give the body natural energy.
– Plant a small garden close to your house. This way, you’ll have fresh produce anytime you need it. Also, gardening is a very relaxing activity that will release you of all the stress any crisis brings.
– Raise a few chicken, if you can. Eggs and meat will be hard to find and expensive during the crisis, so raising your own chicken can be the perfect solution.
Survival Health Tip #3: Keep your body clean at all times
This may seem like a no brainer, but in times of crisis, hygiene immediately drops two positions to water and food. These become top priorities, as they’re harder to obtain, so most efforts concentrate around keeping your family fed and hydrated.
photo source: myplus.org
But if you don’t respect proper hygiene, first, let me show you what measures you should take to prevent infections and other hygiene-related illnesses:
– Wash your whole body with water and soap every single day. If you can’t take a daily shower, use a cloth and soapy water or even some Pampers wet wipes.
– Brush your teeth twice a day. No exceptions. In times of crisis, it’s even more important to keep your teeth healthy, as good dentists are quite expensive. Also, if you’ve ever experienced toothaches, you know what a torture that is. And you know the pain doesn’t go away with just a painkiller. So avoid wasting money on tons of pills and pricey doctors by taking good care of your teeth.
– Always keep your hands clean. Your hands carry billions of germs that you can easily ingest, so wash them after you’ve touched anything likely to carry germs. Also, keep your nails trimmed and clean and out of your mouth.
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2017.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Survival MD (Field medical guide to survive any crisis situation)
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- US Water Revolution (Generate Your Clean Water Anywhere)
- Blackout USA - How To Survive An EMP / Long Term Grid Down Situation
- The Lost Ways Of Survival - Ancient Survival Secrets Of Our Ancestors
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
Please Share This Page:
Check Out More Of Our Posts: