Please Share This Page:
The possibility of danger lurks everywhere. You risk mugging, robberies (or even worse) not only in the streets, but even in the safe haven that is your home. But better than taking self defense lessons is to take all the necessary precautions to turn your own home into a safe zone. I’ll walk you through some tips and tricks that will drastically reduce the danger factor and will really let you sleep peacefully at night.
1. Home Surveillance System is the first thing to really look into! You can get one based on a single camera, which you can place at your front door or pretty much anywhere else you want. The bigger the system, the more cameras, the better! It gives a better overall look on a perimeter that’s being monitored. But before going wild, shopping for such a complex system, read the price catalog carefully. They can be quite costly. And the more cameras you have, the higher the costs. A good camera to investigate is the NeatGear Vuezone. It’s an entry level camera, but it’s very versatile. It has good picture quality, good battery autonomy (since it’s wireless) and it’s not very expensive either.
I went for the Nest Cam system with 3 cameras, which is the #1 Amazon best seller in remote home security monitoring. It has some great features – for example you can set it to send a text message when someone walks up the garden path, you can look into the app to view the zone real time and even talk back to the person who has arrived. Great stuff. Nest also provides video backup in the cloud for a low monthly rate and you don’t have to scroll through “days of nothing” because it will show you the exact times that motion was detected. It also has night vision.
2. Get An alarm System! For your piece of mind there’s quite a range of home security systems to choose from. If you’re planning to spare no expense, you can get an alarm system that comes with professional monitoring system and a large pack of various service options. One of the best on the market are FrontPoint Security, which have a great variety of products to meet any demand. Their alarms are user-friendly and very efficient. They have various motion detection sensors that you can randomly place around the house and are easily activated or deactivated with a personal numeric code from the main console.
FrontPoint Security system
3. Install motion sensors! These sensors are best placed near every possible entrance of the house, be it door or window. Once they detect movement (most probably caused by breaking an entry), they turn the lights on, either scarring the perpetrators or alerting you at least. RAB Lighting offers a vast range of such products, available to any budget.
4. Secure your doors with kick-resistant plating! No matter the quality of the locks you have installed, a doorframe will eventually give in if it’s kicked or hit hard enough. The door reinforcement plates from provider like Rebar Door Security will most likely stop even the hardest attempts to breaking an entry by sheer force. These systems are very reliable and are available to everybody. There are similar door jamb reinforcement kits on Amazon.
If you really want to sleep well at night you should also check out this Bulletproof Home mind-opening presentation.
5. Secure your sliding doors! In most cases these types of doors have proven to be the easiest access point for those who are trying to break into homes. The sliding system make them accessible to perpetrators, being very easily manipulated and opened. The security bar offered by Master Lock 265 Security Bar adds to the resilience of sliding doors, making them resistant to any sort of attempt to open them by force. The system is universal, working fine on normal doors too.
6. Get a deadbolt lock! Such a device makes the door inaccessible to everybody who doesn’t hold the key. A door fitted with this type of lock is safer, as the door knob cannot be turned without sticking the key in first. Having a quality deadbolt lock installed on a fortified door makes the job much more difficult for even the most ambitious burglar or thief! Medeco Maxum is currently the #1 Rated deadbolt on the market.
7. Get a guard dog! Man’s best friend can be very useful to guarding and protecting your home. You don’t have to be a dog person to agree on the fact that a vigilant dog can sound the alarm or fight of intruders by themselves. There are many specialized companies that train and sell various dog breeds for personal and home protection. Canine Protection International is probably one of the best (if not THE) best out there.
8. Leave the lights always on! If you can get used to always having the lights on in the house, know that this would be a very efficient burglar repelling method. Seeing the lights on it would make someone that’s set on breaking an entry think twice, as he faces the possibility of someone in the house being up and active. And if this doesn’t stop the perpetrator, at least you have full visibility of everything that’s going on around.
9. Make your very own safe room! The best way of achieving this is to include a safe room into the schematics of your future home. If it’s too late for that, Creative Home Engineering offers various solutions to those in need. They can fit and reinforce any mostly any room, making it safe and secure. If not, you have to choose the safest and most solid room of the house to act as protection in case you find yourself victim of intrusion. This room best be accessible to you at all times, so you don’t waste much time to reach it in case of danger.
Take all the necessary precautions and keep yourself and your family safe. It’s better to prepare and prevent than repair and repent!
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2016.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Survival MD (Field medical guide to survive any crisis situation)
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- US Water Revolution (Generate Your Clean Water Anywhere)
- Blackout USA - How To Survive An EMP / Long Term Grid Down Situation
- The Lost Ways Of Survival - Ancient Survival Secrets Of Our Ancestors
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
Please Share This Page:
Check Out More Of Our Posts:
No comments yet.