Please Share This Page:
photo source: http://www.nypost.com
I was reading The Worst Case Scenario Handbook by Joshua Piven the other day and I discovered something I haven’t read in any other survival manual (at least as far as I remember). It was a chapter about survival when you’re being shot at. Very useful information, in my opinion.
I mean, when the crisis hits the USA, looters will start multiplying like you see it in zombie movies. And that’s when the shootings will start. Hungry, angry, desperate men will be on the streets, hunting for food, organizing riots that will inevitably end up in violence.
And if you look at these statistics, it’s only natural to imagine street shooting will become some sort of daily activity…
So here’s what you should do if you’re caught in the line of gunfire, according to Joshua Piven.
If you’re the primary target:
- Get as far away as possible. An untrained shooter isn’t likely to be accurate at any distance greater than sixty feet.
- Run fast, but do not move in a straight line—weave back and forth to make it more difficult for the shooter to draw a bead on you. The average shooter will not have the training necessary to hit a moving target at any real distance.
- Do not bother to count shots. You will have no idea if the shooter has more ammunition. Counting is only for the movies.
- Turn a corner as quickly as you can, particularly if your pursuer has a rifle or assault weapon. Rifles have much greater accuracy and range, and the person may be more likely to either aim or spray bullets in your direction.
If you’re not the primary target:
- Get down, and stay down. If the intended target is near you or if the shooter is firing at random, get as low as possible. Do not crouch down; get flat on your stomach and stay there.
- If you are outside and can get to a car, run to it and lie behind a tire on the opposite side of the car from the shooter. If no cars are present, lie in the gutter next to the curb. A car will stop or deflect a small-caliber bullet fired toward you. However, higher caliber bullets— such as those from an assault rifle or bullets that are designed to pierce armor—can easily penetrate a car and hit someone on the opposite side.
- If you are inside a building and the shooter is inside, get to another room and lie flat. If you cannot get to another room, move behind any heavy, thick objects (a solid desk, filing cabinets, tables, a couch) for protection.
- If you are face-to-face with the shooter, do anything you can to make yourself less of a target. Turn sideways, and stay low—stray bullets are likely to be at least a few feet above the ground.
- If the shooter is outside, stay inside and stay away from doors and windows. Stay down until the shooting stops or until authorities arrive and give the all clear.
Now, I hope you won’t have to go through such an experience, but it’s better to know exactly what to do if you’re shot at or if there’s shooting going on in your perimeter. So keep these basic survival measures in mind and don’t forget to show them to your family and friends. Might save their lives someday.
For more practical information on survival topics, check out www.myfamilysurvivalplan.com.
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2017.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Survival MD (Field medical guide to survive any crisis situation)
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- US Water Revolution (Generate Your Clean Water Anywhere)
- Blackout USA - How To Survive An EMP / Long Term Grid Down Situation
- The Lost Ways Of Survival - Ancient Survival Secrets Of Our Ancestors
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
Please Share This Page:
Check Out More Of Our Posts: