Please Share This Page:
Some survivalists prepare themselves by storing large quantities of food or weaponry, for fear of a total lockdown. Others are scared of financial turmoil, so they invest their money in whatever might become a good bartering currency during the crisis.
Many of these preppers have written to me, worried that they have run out of storage place. When asked what their storeroom contains, many of them admitted that they have allocated a large area to storing barrels of fresh water.
As vital as water will be in times of crisis, there are solutions that could provide you with a generous amount of it, and still have enough storage space for food and other necessities.
One of these solutions is a hand-dug well right within the confines of your property.
Homeowners from all over the country have started digging their own water well in their backyard, and the reason for this practice is not hard to find. Through this strategy, they can free most of the space occupied by those 20 l barrels in their storeroom.
I will show you just how easy it is to dig your own well within the confines of your own property. It is an easy procedure, that I myself have used in the past and it cost me little to nothing at all. This system will do wonders for your family and it will be more efficient than the one a local company might charge you for.
The materials and the tools that you will need*
- 4 x 8 ft Lengths of 8 in PVC Pipe
- 4 x 8 ft Lengths of 6 in PVC Pipe
- 4 x 8 ft Lengths of 4 in PVC Pipe
- 4 x 8 in Slip-Slip PVC Coupling
- 4 x 4 in Slip-Slip PVC Coupling
- 4 x 6 in Slip-Slip PVC Coupling
- 2 x 8 in PVC End Cap
- 2 x 6 in foot valve
- 2 x 4 in foot valve
- 2 Adjustable Post Hole Digger/Auger with 8 in Auger head
- Drill rod extensions for Post Hole digger
- Can of PVC Pipe Glue Primer
- Can of PVC Pipe Glue
- Permanent Marker
- 8 ft tripod with pulley
- 8 in Water Bailer*Quantities may vary
Where to dig the well
This is the most important aspect to consider when you decide to begin your work.
- You must stay away from septic tanks, sewer lines, marsh fields or other utilities.
- Try to find a place to bore the well that has a slight inclination, and place the system at the highest possible angle. This way, gravity will do its job and relieve you from a harder work.
- Make sure you contact the local authorities regarding this matter. In some areas, a building permit is required.
Digging the well
- Arrange the well screen. This structural element is crucial to this construction, as it will filter out the mud and debris that might come in contact with the water. It is represented by the largest pipe and it has slits cut across its circumference. The well will begin at about 3 inches from the end of the 8 in PVC pipe.
- Use a colored pen to mark sections all along the pipe. These marks should be around 8 in long and 2 inches apart. Do this until you reach a length of 6 feet.
- Cut the pipe with a hacksaw, once the desired length has been achieved.
- On both ends of the pipe apply primer and glue, and place a PVC cap over it. Let it dry for two hours.
- Place the two-foot valves at the bottom of each pipe, the 4-inch and the 6-inch one. These components will prevent the water from escaping after it has been extracted. Glue them to the pipes and let them dry.
- Use an auger to bore the well. By moving it into a clockwise direction, you will make sure that the drilling goes straight. When full, retract the auger and empty it.
- When the tunnel becomes too deep, attach a drill rod to help you dig even deeper.
- Next, bail the well and place the tripod on top of the bore.
- Insert the well screen and install both the outer foot valve pipe and the inner one.
- Install the handle and test it. Congratulations! You have just secured yourself a source of potable water that will prove to be crucial in the upcoming crisis.
Go ahead and complete this easy DIY project, and start occupying the space in your storeroom with more important items. Now, you and your family will profit from this well for years to come.
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2017.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Survival MD (Field medical guide to survive any crisis situation)
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- US Water Revolution (Generate Your Clean Water Anywhere)
- Blackout USA - How To Survive An EMP / Long Term Grid Down Situation
- The Lost Ways Of Survival - Ancient Survival Secrets Of Our Ancestors
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
Please Share This Page:
Check Out More Of Our Posts: