Please Share This Page:
I’m back with a new mouth-watering emergency food recipe from busycooks.about.com. Today, it’s a salmon and potato salad I’ve just tried a couple hours ago. My wife wanted to cook something light for dinner and she was thinking of preparing a quick salad.
But here’s a thing about salads: they’re very healthy and tasty, but they don’t give you the impression you’re “full”. I don’t know about you, but I get hungry really fast after eating a salad. So I thought… how about cooking a salad that’s also full?
And I found this great salmon and potato salad recipe: it’s very easy to make, light and nutritious. So you get to satisfy your hunger, but also have a good night sleep.
What makes this meal great for your health are the amazing properties of salmon. Here’s a few of them, delivered straight from www.healthdiaries.com, just to get an idea:
- Relieves joint pain and swelling. The omega-3 fatty acids prevent inflammation, relieve pain and support healthy joint cartilage and other types of tissue.
- Makes you smarter and happier.Salmon contains a substance called docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which is the most important fat found in the brain. This fatty acid helps your brain work better and faster… and it reduces chances of depression.
- Prevents cancer. That’s due to Vitamin D and selenium, which play a crucial role in lowering the risk of several types of cancer, including breast, prostate, and colorectal cancer.
- Improves your sight.Thanks to fish oil, your eyes will be healthy for a longer time. Good-bye, macular degeneration and chronic dry eye!
- Protects your heart.Eating salmon will keep your heart strong and protected from cardiovascular problems, such as heart attack, stroke, heart arrhythmia and high blood pressure.
- Helps you look young and beautiful.The omega-3s keeps the skin nourished and hydrated, encourages collagen production and gives you an elastic, healthy-looking skin. Also, it keeps blemishes away, makes your hair shiny and your nails strong.
Now that you know how many problems you can solve simply by eating salmon two or three times a week, let me show you how you can turn all these benefits into a delicious salad.
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need for 4-6 servings:
- 2 (14 oz.) cans cooked potatoes, drained (or simply cook 2 pounds of potatoes and cut them into cubes)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can red sockeye salmon, drained
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley OR 1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet pickles
- 1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
For preparation, you’ll need 20 minutes, a large bowl and a small one.
In the large ball, you’ll mix potatoes, red bell pepper, onion, and salmon. In the small bowl, whisk together oil, parsley, vinegar, pickles, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and thyme; then pour it over the potato mixture and toss to coat.
You can serve immediately or cover and chill 2-4 hours before serving.
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2016.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Survival MD (Field medical guide to survive any crisis situation)
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- US Water Revolution (Generate Your Clean Water Anywhere)
- Blackout USA - How To Survive An EMP / Long Term Grid Down Situation
- The Lost Ways Of Survival - Ancient Survival Secrets Of Our Ancestors
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
Please Share This Page:
Check Out More Of Our Posts: