Please Share This Page:
Today I was working on some articles when I suddenly realised how hungry I was.
photo source: http://www.ifood.tv
It wasn’t lunch time yet, so I thought of getting some snack to keep my stomach from disturbing me while I work.
Habit has it that I instantly check busycooks.about.com for new emergency food recipes every time I have to cook something. And I was glad I did so, after I saw a delicious sandwich recipe that worked perfectly with my need for a quick, nutritious snack.
This one is made with canned brown bread and you can use pretty much any sandwich filling you want. Feel free to experiment, combine ingredients and add your favorite spices.
Now what’s the deal with brown bread?
Is it better than white bread? And if so, why?
I don’t know what to say about the taste. Some people like it, others don’t. I, personally, like it much better than white bread. But that’s just a personal preference. However, when it comes to health benefits, brown bread is proved to be better.
When I started writing this, I vaguely knew that white bread was chemically bleached, but I didn’t know what this process was all about. I researched and what I found was quite disturbing:
“White bread is made from wheat flour from which the bran and germ have been removed. This is where much of the nutritional bread value is. White bread is lower in zinc, fiber, thiamin, niacin, trace elements and “good” fats and oils.
White bread in many countries has to be fortified with vitamins and minerals *by law* during the bread making process. These are usually sprayed into the mix. It’s somewhat ironic that the nutrients that are removed from wheat are re-added by this means. Nature provides, we destroy, then add it back in via a man made form.” (www.greenlivingtips.com)
Yikes! Had no idea it was that bad… Now I’m glad I’m a brown bread fan. Especially since there are so many benefits:
- You get a healthier heart — brown bread reduces the risk of high blood pressure
- You stay slim— brown bread is lower in calories, so if you want to lose some weight, a brown bread diet will help
- You get a better digestion — brown bread is high in fiber, which helps you keep digestive problems under control
- You feel “full” longer — brown bread is very nutritious, so there’s no need to rush to your fridge every couple of hours. This will be of great help during the crisis, so get lots of canned brown bread for your stockpile.
- You fight off cancer — that’s right, brown bread even prevents cancer if consumed regularly.
Now it’s recipe time! Here’s what you need:
- 3/4 cup chopped dried fruit or your favorite chopped dried fruits
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1 can prepared brown bread, cut into 1/4″ slices
Preparation is as easy as it gets: in small bowl, you just combine all ingredients (except brown bread!) and blend. Then you put the filling between brown bread slices. That’s it. You’ve got yourself 16 yummy sandwiches.
If you’ve got some filling leftovers, cover and keep in the fridge, but not longer than 3 days.
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2017.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Survival MD (Field medical guide to survive any crisis situation)
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- US Water Revolution (Generate Your Clean Water Anywhere)
- Blackout USA - How To Survive An EMP / Long Term Grid Down Situation
- The Lost Ways Of Survival - Ancient Survival Secrets Of Our Ancestors
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
Please Share This Page:
Check Out More Of Our Posts: