Please Share This Page:
photo source: http://hanimcooks.tumblr.com
I’m back with this week’s emergency food recipe and YES, this time it’s a nutritious treat for the kids.
Of course, it’s not just for the little ones, you can make this simple salad for your whole family and friends. Heck, bring everyone in and serve them this delicious munch! But I can tell you this: kids looove it. And that’s because it’s half meal, half dessert. And you know just how much kids love desserts…
And it’s not just about the taste. Sweet potatoes are very healthy and nutritious. In fact, there are 5 major benefits you get from eating sweet potatoes:
1. They protect your body against illnesses. That’s due to the high amount of vitamin C. As I said in the previous Emergency Food Recipe Of The Week, vitamin C is crucial during a crisis, because it helps you fight off illnesses and makes you feel energetic. Also, it helps children develop strong bones and teeth and eases digestion.
It’s an important resource for the ladies, too, as it keeps your skin elastic and young. And recent studies show that vitamin C protects you against toxins that may build up in your and lead to cancer.
Vitamin B6 helps reduce the chemical homocysteine in our bodies. Homocysteine has been linked with degenerative diseases, including the prevention of heart attacks.
2. They’re a stress reliever,thanks to vitamin B6. This vitamin is well-known for reducing stress levels, but also for reducing the risk of developing degenerative diseases, such as heart attacks. Very useful in times of crisis, when stress reaches record levels.
3. They actually make you feel happier.Yep, it’s scientifically proven. Sweet potatoes contain vitamin D, critical for the immune system and for the proper functionality of your body.
Now here’s something you may not know: Your body normally produces vitamin D when you’re exposed to sunlight (more in the summer than during the cold season). If you don’t get enough exposure to sunlight, you may develop the seasonal affective disorder, which is a lot like depression, only you can cure it by taking sun baths… or by taking vitamin D.
4. They help your metabolism work better.Let’s all thank good old iron for that, which is crucial to red and white blood cell production, a good immune system and getting long boosts of energy that take us through the day.
5. They keep your heart healthy.They contain potassium, which regulates heartbeat and nerve signals. It also controls the activity of the kidneys.
Now let’s get to our recipe. Here’s what you’ll need to cook this savory salad:
- 2 (15 oz.) cans sweet potatoes (you can drain them if you find it necessary)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 5 oz. mix of Dijon mustard and salad dressing
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
Getting all these items is actually the most difficult part. It’s all dead simple from here: justput everything in a large bowl, then mash the potatoes as well as you can. Mix the mashed potatoes with the rest of ingredients and chill it the fridge for an hour. with mix and mash with potato masher. Serve immediately, or chill in the fridge for an hour or two.
It only takes 15 minutes to prepare and an hour to make it refreshingly delicious. Then it’s just perfect for filling 6 people’s tummies. Enjoy!
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2017.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Survival MD (Field medical guide to survive any crisis situation)
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- US Water Revolution (Generate Your Clean Water Anywhere)
- Blackout USA - How To Survive An EMP / Long Term Grid Down Situation
- The Lost Ways Of Survival - Ancient Survival Secrets Of Our Ancestors
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
Please Share This Page:
Check Out More Of Our Posts: