Please Share This Page:
If you’re preparing for crisis, then you should know that stockpiling is just part of the equation. Having a pantry crammed with survival food is great, but there are other crucial things you should take into consideration.
For example: if some kind of a disaster strikes tomorrow and you’ll be forced to live off your stockpile in extreme conditions… would you have everything you need to cook nutritious, healthy meals for your family?
Even if you’re 100% certain you’ve got it all in place and ready to be used in case of emergency, there are many things you may have forgotten about. And that’s perfectly normal. After all, you’re not an absolute survival guru and you don’t have the memory of an elephant.
So let’s take one crucial step at a time, so you can rest assured you’re 100% prepared to cook delicious meals with your survival food.
First step: Cooking Equipment
Golden Rule: Never assume electrical appliances will be available!
I know how easy they make your life, but we’re talking about disasters here. It’s theoretically possible that the grid can go down anytime and stay that way for days or even weeks! The classic example: Hurricane Katrina. The grid was down for 3 whole weeks in the affected area. Now think about your emergency equipment. Could you live for three weeks with NO electricity at all? Could you cook for your whole family?
If you want to have no problems feeding your loved ones, make sure you own manual equivalents to all your electric appliances (can openers, food processors, even bottle openers). See also this clever tutorial on how to open a can without a can opener.
Also, load up on tin foil and plastic cooking bags (they must be heat-proof!). Not only are they good to cover cooked food until it’s eaten, but here’s a great trick you can use: Put your uncooked food in heat-proof plastic bags and then put them in the boiling water. This way, you’ll save the water you’d normally use for cleaning the pot… and you can reuse the boiled water for any other purpose.
- When you’re cooking indoor, you can use a small gas stove. It may seem like it’s gonna take forever to cook your meals, but these stoves usually concentrate a lot of heat and get very hot, very fast.
Another option is to use your fireplace (if you have one). You can buy special cooking accessories for your fireplace that help you grill, cook meat or vegetables and heat water.
- When you’re cooking outdoor, you’ll need a stove, a grill or a solar oven. Or you can light a campfire, but you need to make sure there’s no danger of setting your house (or your neighbors’) on fire.
Whichever you choose to use, remember to load up on the appropriate fuel (gas, charcoal, matches) and keep them in an extra-safe storage place. Make sure it meets all the storage standards (that you can discover here *link*) and make regular check-ups to see if everything is ok.
That’s all for today, but we’ll be talking more about survival cooking soon, so stay tuned!
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2017.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Survival MD (Field medical guide to survive any crisis situation)
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- US Water Revolution (Generate Your Clean Water Anywhere)
- Blackout USA - How To Survive An EMP / Long Term Grid Down Situation
- The Lost Ways Of Survival - Ancient Survival Secrets Of Our Ancestors
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
Please Share This Page:
Check Out More Of Our Posts: