Please Share This Page:
As much as I like to think I have a handle on things, sometimes projects slip through the cracks. Case in point: Since the big road trip to Arizona in late September, not once have I gone out to the Subaru and reviewed the contents of my car kit. At the time of my journey I was certain that I had everything I needed in the event of a calamity along the way. The journey, after all, was close to 1,500 miles.
Since then, life has happened. We needed room to cart groceries and, in Shelly’s case, to transport 4 set of golf clubs along with 3 of his buddies. Something had to give, but what?
Today’s challenge is to take inventory of your emergency vehicle kit and supplies. To get you started, here is a car kit submitted by long term reader, Elaine K. I think it is a good one and am going back to check my own supplies to make sure that I am as prepared as she is.
Best Practices: 46 Items to Include in your Vehicle Emergency Kit
- Tow chains
- Jumper cables
- Spare tire
- Tire jack
- Fix-a-flat (I like this brand)
- Fire extinguisher
- Gasoline funnel
- Cigarette lighters
- Duct tape
- Disposable gloves
- Well-stocked first aid kit (here is one I put together myself)
- Well-stocked tool kit
- Solar blankets
- Wool blankets
- Warm socks
- Rain coat
- Cash (bills and coins)
- Winter hat
- Heavy gloves
- Heavy sleeping bag for winter, lighter sleeping bag for summer
- List of important phone numbers
- Can opener
- Garbage bags in various sizes
- Paracord or rope
- Quart of oil
- Sewing kit
- Baby wipes
- Toilet paper
- Hand soap
- Hair brush
- Tooth brush
- Change of clothes
- Various towels in Ziploc bags (women can use to urinate in if caught in traffic)
- Survivor Filter Pro
- Edible nuts stored in raw honey
I don’t know about you, but I got some good ideas from this list. And shame on me; for all of my foresight I did not have a fire extinguisher in my car. Thanks, Elaine, for your valuable contribution to Backdoor Survival and to our preps!
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2016.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try This:
An amazing discovery in an abandoned house in Austin, Texas: A lost book of amazing survival knowledge, believed to have been long vanished to history, has been found in a dusty drawer in the house which belonged to a guy named Claude Davis.
Remember... back in those days, there was no electricity... no refrigerators... no law enforcement... and certainly no grocery store or supermarkets... Some of these exceptional skills are hundreds of years of old and they were learned the hard way by the early pioneers.
We've lost to history so much survival knowledge that we've become clueless compared to what our great grandfathers did or built on a daily basis to sustain their families.
Neighbors said that for the last couple of years Claude has tried to unearth and learn the forgotten ways of our great-grandparents and claimed to have found a secret of gargantuan proportions. A secret that he is about to reveal together with 3 old teachings that will change everything you think you know about preparedness:
More Off-Grid And Survival Resources:
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Survival MD (Field medical guide to survive any crisis situation)
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- US Water Revolution (Generate Your Clean Water Anywhere)
- Blackout USA - How To Survive An EMP / Long Term Grid Down Situation
- The Lost Ways Of Survival - Ancient Survival Secrets Of Our Ancestors
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
Please Share This Page:
Check Out More Of Our Posts: